All the volunteers at NEEDS(Scotland) both in Dundee and in Aberdeen hope that everyone had a peaceful and relaxed festive season. We are now in a new year, and also a new decade. Many people make resolutions, look back and look forward, some with confidence, some with anxiety. For those of you who are following the road to recovery from an eating disorder, or supporting someone who is, here are some inspiring quotes to help you look forward to your personal goal.
- “You need to be content with small steps. That’s all life is. Small steps that you take every day, so when you look back down the road it all adds up and you know you covered some distance.” Katie Kacvinsky
- “Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.” Vincent van Gogh
- ” Each step you take reveals a new horizon. you have taken the first step today. Now I challenge you to take another.” Dan Poynter
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
- “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” Chinese Proverb
- “Take small steps every day and one day you will get there. ” Unknown
- “One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time.” John Wanamaker