Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)
- Eating disorders can be quite complex, which means that they can present in many different ways.
- Some people have symptoms of an eating disorder which do not fit the classic symptoms of Anorexia nervosa, Bulimia nervosa or Binge eating disorder. Sometimes they are said to have EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified).
- This does not mean the condition is not important or potentially serious.
- Likewise there are treatments that can be equally helpful in the case of EDNOS.
- It is just as important to access help as soon as possible.
(Special thanks go to Dr Phil Crockett, Consultant Psychiatrist at the EDS, Royal Cornhill Hospital, for his input on this page.)