Due to the very high demand for support during lockdown, the national charity Beat have expanded their support services on the telephone and online. They were fortunate to secure National Lottery funding to enable them to do this. As our usual group meetings continue to be suspended, we hope that one of the following Beat support services may suit your needs.
- Bolster – a telephone coaching service for sufferers
- Nexus – a telephone advice and coaching service for carers supporting their loved one.
- Solace – a peer-supported video group for carers, facilitated by experienced eating disorder clinicians.
- Raising Resilience – a new workshop for anyone caring for someone with an eating disorder, so they can learn the skills to help their loved one towards recovery.
- Extended Helpline opening hours – the Helpline, which covers phone calls, one-to-one webchat, email and online peer support groups
For more detailed information, you can read more here about how Coronavirus has impacted those affected by an eating disorder and how Beat are able to help.
Stay safe and well everyone, and we hope to see you as soon as we can.